My Profile
Hello! My name is Federico Rovillard Simoneschi and I’m
from Buenos Aires, Argentina. This is my third year at
the University of
Belgrano, where I’ve been
studying translation. My first experience with English was when I was four, still
in kindergarten. Since then, I’ve been constantly in contact with the English
language through various mediums –mostly literature, films, TV shows,
videogames and internet forums– and grew very fond of it over time.
I first became interested in translation during a trip
to Spain
with my family. I had no clue of what I wanted to study —I had started studying
engineering and business, but quickly abandoned both—, but in a moment I can’t
recall, the idea of translating for a living sprang to mind. It seemed quite logical: I
liked English and felt I was good at it, so it wouldn’t be any effort to just
change the language of words, right? Reality proved to be quite different, and
even though I very much enjoy translating, I am now more jaded than when I
first started this course.
Regarding my personality, I’d like to believe I’m a hard-working and honest person, who can give his best as a student.
However, I tend to procrastinate a lot, which has given me a fair share of
trouble at school and university. I usually wind up doing whatever task I had
to do, but usually at the last minute and without much regard for the end
result. Also, I tend to have high standards
with regards to my academic performance and if don’t meet these standards, I
can become easily uninterested in a subject or course. Finally,
I believe that I’m a very curious and inquisitive person, which so far has
aided my life as a student in many ways. There’s no useless knowledge, that’s
what I think!
To sum up, I believe I’m a student who is eager for learning and
who has not just a passing interest in English, but a deep-seated interest in
it. Although my personality may set me back sometimes, I’m willing to work hard
to overcome my flaws and make the most of my positive traits.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.