26 August 2013

Bren's Profile

Hi! I’m Bren. The first thing you should know about me is that I do not like to write. So I’m doing my best here. I like reading though, very much. And I like languages too. Those are the reasons why I want to become a translator: to work with two languages and to not have to write anything of my own creation. 
Speaking of languages, I would like to learn others. At UB, we started learning French last year; I hope to get good at it someday! I also used to study Japanese, and I will get back to that as soon as I can.
Besides reading, I watch many TV shows in my spare time. We have lots of series on DVD at home -original DVDs, of course! My parents own a video club, so I have a problem with piracy, you understand. 
I’m also fiercely against animal cruelty. I love animals! I would like to be a vegetarian, if I could, but I just can’t. I like food too much, you see, especially junk food, and everything that comes out of a bakery. 
Unfortunately, I’m not a sports person. I try to keep fit and healthy by going for a run a couple of times a week, but that’s it. Anyway, I enjoy watching football, and I can hardly wait for the next world cup! 
To sum up, I’m really looking forward to getting started with The Brooklyn Follies. Although I still have the blind hope that I won’t have to write too much this second term, I know I´ll learn a lot from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.