Hi everyone! I'm really excited about starting the second term at UB and meeting you all! I like to teach future translators as it challenges me to teach English and have Spanish in mind as well, as I know you need to be proficient in both languages!
I love teaching. I have taught English since 1989. I graduated as a teacher of English from I.S.P. "Dr. Joaquin V. González" in 1993. Since 2000 I have been a lecturer of "Language III" there too, but I am on a leave of absence at the moment. In 1998 I did an M.A. in T.E.F.L. at the University of Reading, UK. My M.A. research focused on the teaching of writing, so that is my main area of specialism.
I met Martha and Norali at Feedback School of English, and Martha and her colleague, Cristina, were - and still are! - the DOS's. They both trained Norali and me, and the rest of the teachers (we are all still friends!) to teach English in a friendly, meaningful, committed way, and we like to think we continue doing so! Martha, Norali and I love teaching together and we hope that will show in our lessons.
As I am a conscientious, hard-working, active teacher with a good sense of humour (GSOH), I expect the same - or more! - from my students. If this were the Far West, this would be my WANTED poster to find my ideal students:
What would be your WANTED poster to find your ideal teacher?
I really look forward to spending a fun, enriching, fruitful term together.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.